So today, I hit my 10 month anniversary at Amazon. It might not seem like a big milestone, but looking back and reflecting on my life, things were completely different even just a year ago. Just the thought of having a job in the US was not granted. A year ago, I didn’t think that I’d be part of a trillion dollar company and work at its Corporate Headquarters. All I remember is that, a year ago, I was dreaming all day about starting a job at Amazon. In my mind, I had already convinced myself that I got the job. A few days before last Christmas, I was wearing a suit, had printed out a stack of my résumés beforehand, and started handing them out to receptionists at all of the different Amazon buildings. I bet people were thinking “This guy must have just arrived from the East Coast”. My family, and particularly my dad always believed in me. I believed in myself as well. I didn’t stop dreaming and kept running towards my dream until I made it happen. I’m so grateful that I got to learn a lot of new things every day, and that I had the opportunity to meet and work with incredibly talented people.
I’m leaving Amazon next week to go back to school and pursue my Bachelors in Business Analytics. But I’ll be back because now I’ve got a list of bigger dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is why I started waking up at 4am every day

The first-ever image of a black hole is finally revealed, and it's massive